The name of the Party shall beLok Gathbandhan Party (LGP)hereinafter called 'the Party'. Its headquarters shall be located in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh).
The Lok Gathbandhan Party (LGP) shall bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established and to the principles of socialism, secularism and democracy and would uphold the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India.More specifically, the Party aims at:
- Ensuring that of every citizen has enough to meet his basic needs and living a life dignity and honor with emphasis on equity and social justice;
- Strengthening the Rule of Law and Constitutional Order;
- Empowering the disadvantaged and deprived sections through affirmative action;
- Promoting equitable economic growth and prosperity for all through state policy and self-reliance;
- Promoting the spirit of nationalism and secular ethos of the Indian Republic;
- Maintaining the unity and integrity of India and strengthening federalism;
- Ensuring institutionalized and democratic functioning of the Party at all levels by encouraging free exchange of views;
The party flag will be decided by the National Executive Committee.
The Election symbol of the Party shall be as allotted by the Election Commission.
The party will include the National convention and its special sessions and
LGP- National Committee - NC
LGP– National Executive Committee - NEC
LGP- State Committee - SC
LGP- State Executive Committee-SEC
LGP- Union Territory Executive Committee - UTEC
LGP- District Committee - DC
LGP- District Executive Committee – DEC
LGP- Block Executive Committee- BEC LGP- Village Level Committees- VLC
The NEC, in consultation with the SECs concerned, constitutes Committees of the Party whenever it deems necessary for the party to do so in order to strengthen the organsational functioning. Every village committee shall choose a coordinator who shall spread the message of the party in the village, participate in the activities of the party and explain the view point, policies of the party to people with the help of village committee members.
Block level executive committee shall consist of all the coordinators of the villages falling within the block. One member will be chosen as Block Coordinator who with the help and support of all the members of BEC shall carry out the day to day activities of the party.
- Any Indian citizen to become a Primary member of the Party shall fulfill all the following conditions:
- should be of the age of 18 years or above;
- should accept and subscribe in writing in Form-A to the objectives of the Party as spelt out in Article 2;
- should pay a triennial membership fee of Rs 10/- only,
- should not be a member of any other political party
- No person shall be eligible to become a primary member of the Party except at his / her permanent place of residence or where he / she carries on his / her usual vocation;
- No person shall be a member at more than one place;
- A member shall not change his / her place of membership except on representation given in writing to the concerned designated authority at the District or State level and on the acceptance of such representation;
- The term of membership, primary or active (mentioned below) shall be from the first of January of the year or from the date of enrolment as member up to 31st of December of the subsequent third year;
- Permanent Register of primary members shall be maintained, within their jurisdiction, by every Block / Constituency or other Subordinate Committee, copies thereof being sent to District Committee concerned.
- Renewal of primary membership shall be deemed to have been completed by depositing the membership subscription; together with the application for renewal of membership.
h)The following categories of persons who are primary members are
eligible to be Active members on enrolling 10 primary members triennially:
i) Those actively connected with such organizations as are recognized for the purpose by the National Executive Committee (NEC);
ii) Any person who has been a primary member for two consecutive terms.
i) Every Active Member shall pay Rs.10/- towards the fee for active
membership as well as Rs. 100/- collected from the 10 Primary Members enrolled by him along with the application for active membership.
j)Every active member shall make a declaration in Form-B under
his/her signature and fulfill the conditions mentioned therein.
k)Every active member shall undergo a minimum training as may be
prescribed by the National Executive Committee (NEC);
l) Unless, he/she undertakes to undergo the minimum training
mentioned above, no active member shall be entitled to contest for elections to the Party posts or to the Parliament, State legislative assembly or Metropolitan Council or local bodies on party tickets.
m)No person shall be selected for election on Party ticket to the
Parliament, State Legislatures and local bodies unless he/she isan active member;
n) Active membership may be renewed on the approval of membership
renewal application in Form-C duly filled in and authenticated;
o) Permanent Register of active members shall be maintained by the
District/City Committee. A copy of the Permanent Register duly certified by the District/City Committee President shall be made available to the SEC. The District/City Committee will issue identity cards with photographs of the members pasted on the cards under signature of the Coordinator of the concerned District/City Executive Committee and of the concerned SEC;
p)The SEC shall supply a duly certified copy of the Permanent Register
of active members within their jurisdiction to the office of the National Executive Committee (NEC) and keep it informed of any changes therein from time to time;
q)The Register shall contain the full name, address, age, and
occupation, place of residence and date of enrolment of every member;
r)Membership shall cease by death, resignation, removal or non-
payment of contribution and non-renewal of membership;
s)Each active member shall contribute to the Party Fund certain
percentage of his/her income, as prescribed in the rules by the National Executive Committee (NEC).